Relaxing snow day recap!

3:23 PM



Hello friends!
So this morning I slept in,mostly because my bed was so warm and I didn't want to leave it.
I also had an an anxiety attack over school but..well,let's forget about it,shall we?
Anyway..my growling stomach forced me out on my warm bed.
I had planned to have toast with peanut butter,banana and honey for breakfast.
Clean and delicious,right?
Mmmm..I was so looking forward to it.
But then I walked into the kitchen and saw my cousin had bought Nutella croissants.
And..who was I to say no to those?
One croissant never killed anyone,right?
I also made myself a cinnamon latte with espresso and a lot of foam.
Mmmm..it was just what I needed on a super cold day.
When I want a comforting drink,my homemade cinnamon latte is my go to.
It never fails to make me feel better.
It's so creamy and warm and cinnamon-y. It tastes like it's decadent but it's healthy because it's made with skim milk(or non dairy milk) and no sugar.
I'll share with you how I make it in another post  if you want.
Anyways..I had a Nutella croissant with a cinnamon latte on the side.
Ahhhh..it was so yummy.
Every once in a while you just need that chocolate fix,you know?






Anyways..while I was eating my yummy breakfast,I saw that it was snowing outside.
Everything was covered with snow..it looked so magical.
I've never seen  that much snow in my entire life..it never snows where I live. Like..ever.
After spending some time looking at the snow falling,I removed myself from the window and went to my room.
I got my calming fairy lights on,filled my favourite water bottle with water and prepared to get some studying done.
Since I had my laptop in front of me,I figured I would complete a task I've been putting off for a while now: check the dates available to sit my exams.
I don't know why but my university website portal has always filled me with dread..and every time it takes me some time to convince myself to check it.
Yeah..anxiety is bad.
But  the portal doesn't scare me as much as it did 2 years ago..so it will scare me less and less each time until it won't scare me anymore.
It's all about baby steps,right?
After checking the options,I sort of made a schedule and then I started studying.

But my mum called me because it was time to.. *drum roll* go outside and play in the snow!!
My garden was all covered in soft,white snow.
I had never seen that much snow in my life..it felt like a dream.
We took pictures of that wonderful winter wonderland, walked around(my walker worked even in the snow! ) and had a snowball fight.
My hands froze but it was totally worth it.
I had so so much fun!
Seriously..look how amazing it was!
Pretty dreamy looking,uh?
It looked and felt like a fairytale.







After that we had lunch(lots of veggies!!) and then we bundled up in front of the fireplace and watched funny movies(Checco Zalone rules!) while eating snow drizzled with maple syrup( it's delicious! Have you ever tried it?) and now we're about to have homemade pizza for dinner.

And do you know what the best part is?
It should snow again tomorrow and that means my cousin is gonna stay with us for another day.
He lives north(1000 km away from me)and I don't see him that often.
He works for the Red Cross and he's one of my biggest supporters when it comes to my goal of becoming a doctor.
He gave me a stethoscope for me to practice taking blood pressure manually.
He gifted me freedom in the form of my walker.
He showed me I could drive.
As I said..he's one of my biggest supporters.

Yesterday he surprised us and brought me one of the party favours he and his team gave away at a Red Cross party.


It's a  tiny handmade wooden toy ambulance on tiny wheels. Isn't that the cutest?
He brought two of them..one for my family and another just for me.
I'll keep it on my desk..for it to act as motivation for me to achieve my goal of becoming a physician.

All in all,it was a great relaxing day.

Do you like snow?
Does it snow often where you live?
What's your favourite comfort drink to have on  a cold morning?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images