Update + Chocolate pudding recipe!

8:47 AM

Hello,friends!
Long time no blogging(beside the short post from.. 2 Sundays ago? Time flies!)!
Sorry about that but I've been in full study mode since the beginning of last week(with reserved time to dedicate to #selfcare and many breaks..don't worry!) as my exams are quickly approaching.

Please say hi to my best friend these days. He's upset at me because I should be hanging out with him right now but I'm writing this post instead!


But this morning, despite waking up bright and early and having a yummy healthy breakfast,I couldn't get much done due to being sick with a headache plus other stuff. Being sick made me nervous and anxious  resulting in my ability to focus being close to 0.
Ahh,bad me!
I will make up for my laziness after lunch,I promise!

Anyways,let's jump to the purpose of this post,shall we?

Last August, during my weekly grocery shopping trip,I bought 2 huge avocados from my local grocery store.
 After having avocado toast for 3 days straight,I got bored of it.
So I was stuck with half a ripe avocado all alone in my fridge. What to do,what to do?
I didn't want to have it mashed on toast nor I wanted guacamole.
So I thought..
"What if I tried to put into a smoothie? I know people make smoothies with avocados and they always look so delicious!"
I quickly typed "avocado smoothie" and it resulted in a  tons of links to yummy recipes.
One in particular immediately caught my attention.
It called for cocoa powder,banana,avocado and a few other yummy ingredients I could easily get ahold of and   said the end result would taste exactly like chocolate pudding.
Now.. a healthy version of chocolate pudding made within minutes in a blender?
Immediately after I read the recipe,I knew I had to try it.
So I went ahead and made it(I made it by eye,the recipe was where I got my inspiration from) and boom..it really DID taste like rich decadent chocolate pudding!
My family and I had it for dessert after lunch that day and I also gave some to my cousin for dessert that evening...and she asked me for the recipe!
In one word...it was YUMMY.
It tasted like a decadent treat but it was healthy( avocados are healthy because the contain healthy fats but rememeber "everything in moderation",always!)..what more could a girl want?
Since then,I've been making this pudding anytime I have a ripe avocado on hand and that chocolate craving hits.
Last week,I made a paleo single serve 1 minute microvawe brownie(I'll link the recipe for it down below,together with the original recipe for the chocolate pudding) and topped it with the last bit of avocado pudding I had in the fridge.
Oh my..it tasted like heaven!
( I might have had another one for dinner that same evening..shhh,don't tell anyone! I had studied all day long,I needed a treat!).
Now..I think it's better if I stop rambling and share the recipe with you,uh?
Let me know if you make the pudding yourself and if you like it!
Also..I'm working on a big weight loss/healthy eating story post I will  share on here as soon as I have a bit of time to actually sit down at my laptop and turn my thoughts into words.
In it,I'll share my story and my tips about how to start to eat healthier and eventually turn it it into a lifestyle.
For now just know that my motto when it comes to food is  "Moderation,not deprivation"
I'll leave you to the recipe now.

What's your go to healthy recipe when you have a sudden craving for chocolate?
Would you like me to post more recipes in the future?

******************************************************************************


CHOCOLATE AVOCADO PUDDING


Original recipe here: AVOCADO CHOCOLATE SMOOTHIE
SINGLE SERVING PALEO MICROWAVE BROWNIE: PALEO MICROWAWE BROWNIE

INGREDIENTS
Makes 2-3 servings
120 g ripe avocado(about 1\2 a medium avocado)
85 g plain greek yogurt(I used Fage 0% fat. 1/2 of one container)
1 TBS maple syrup(you can use honey instead)
2 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
1  ripe banana(you can also use frozen banana)
30 mL( a dash) dairy or non dairy milk( I use plain soy milk)

DIRECTIONS

Just put everything in a blender and blend it all up on high speed until you get a thick pudding like consistency.
You might need to scrape down the sides of the blender halfway through to make sure everything gets incorporated and well blended together.

Once the pudding is ready,you can spoon it into serving glasses or cups,garnish it however you like(fresh mint,whipped cream,chocolate shavings, nuts,fresh or frozen berries..the sky is the limit!) and serve.
Or you can just eat it by the spoonful directly from  the blender! No judging here.

If you have any leftover,just put in a closed airtight container and pop it it into the fridge.
It lasts for about 2 to 3 days like this.
The avocado will release some of its natural oil but the pudding will still be delicious!
Doesn't that look delicious? (Sorry about the bright lights)




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images